Have you managed teams of interactive designers or architects? Have you been embedded in a product team or in a product organization? Do you have experience implementing UX best practices? We’re seeking an expert multitasker and skilled people manager to join our team as a Manager, Product Design, where you’ll oversee teams of UX researchers, information architects, and UX designers. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day operational management around UX and roadmap deliverables across the spectrum of products in the lifecycle, driving the team towards creating solutions that both match users’ needs and business objectives, and ensuring high fidelity from design to delivery. You’ll evaluate current process and surface shortcomings, looking at how we can improve our cross-functional collaboration and bring additional transparency to early stage designs. To succeed, you’ll need a high degree of empathy—capable of identifying with not only those you’ll be managing, but also with the personas and use cases around the problems we need to solve. If you’re an adaptable, diplomatic communicator who’s worked with agile teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, let’s chat!
People Management Responsibilities:
- Staffing: Partners with Talent team on the acquisition and retention of people resources to fulfill team mission successfully; owns the selection process
- Engagement: Ensures a fun, dynamic work environment & build merit-based culture which appeals to the top talent in the field
- Performance Management: drives a highly engaged, high performance work environment through PM processes
- Situational Leadership: Leads and coaches the team structuring appropriate training and development and eliminating road blocks to team performance
Process and Metrics:
- Focus on creating sustainable efficiencies and productivity across the team.
- Identify gaps in processes and/or services and recommends changes
- Ensure adherence to established processes by team
- Create, update, revise departmental SOPS with Director level approval
- Communicate & resolve on gaps/issues within team/department
- Create & manage escalation procedures and ensures service & productivity levels are maintained by the department
Ensure Team Execution in line with Departmental Strategy:
- Proven ability to focus and care about the product experience and the various personas we deliver products for.
- Drive simplicity into complexity.
- Define and lead initiatives to establish, educate and evangelize UX best practices and standards for Agile Teams to follow for developing best-to-market products.
- Select UI development, testing and validation tools and frameworks for adoption.
- Manage the governance of UX standards, practices and delivery related to our product
- Grow cross-departmental partnerships to align company-wide UX initiatives and practices.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
- Minimum of 5 years of Design, UX, or related experience related experience with at least 3 years of direct management of a team
- Track record of delivered products in scalable UI/UX design and development
- Persuasive – able to convince stakeholders of UX value and find win-win solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in some or all of the tools & technologies currently in use: Design Software and UX validation tools.
- Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities
- Strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior Customer Experience
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with the Executive Team, management peers, and internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner
- Experience supporting the sales cycle through scoping and approval of engagements, Executive-level prospect meetings and Solution reviews
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth
- A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to take initiative, who can proactively identify issues/opportunities and recommend actions
- Strong results orientation with a proven track record of flawless execution and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Strategic analysis/creative problem solving, business judgment and financial acumen are required
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional partners and upper management to impact decision-making
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law