Are you a Java genius with strong data background? Is your expertise full-stack product development? We’re looking for a results-oriented expert communicator with secured data and secured transaction experience to join our team as a Principal Software Architect (Enterprise PaaS), where you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end architecture, design and development of our Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) product offering. In this role, you’ll research and evaluate new technologies, languages and design patterns, applying your expertise to strategic and product architecture decisions and working to advance the overall product architecture. We’re looking for someone who’s taken projects from concepts to implementation—someone who can successfully articulate a vision, and who can build prototypes in a well-documented way. If you’re a skilled multitasker who wants to work on high visibility projects with big commercial impact, this could be your next big thing!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company headquartered in Holmdel, NJ. Eight-times voted a Best Place to Work by NJBIZ and #16 on Glassdoor’s 2019 Best Places to Work list, we are the industry’s #1 recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Dedicated to maintaining an inclusive, inspirational and innovative work environment, and committed to our consistent growth, we have a wide range of opportunity for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
· Lead end-to-end product and feature architecture and design with highest degree of software quality in mind
· Apply expertise to strategic & product architecture decisions
· Participate or speak at external events as an iCIMS representative
· Research and evaluate new technologies, languages and design patterns
· Advance the overall platform architecture, including selecting new technologies
· Design and develop production solutions, prototypes, or reference implementations for either complex and/or products or features
· Collaborate with Product Management and agile teams to design and build innovative and market leading features built with high quality and utilizing software best practices
· Lead development and software performance best practices for agile team members Requirements/Skills/Abilities
· Perform design reviews for new feature development from agile teams
· Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
· Mentor Software Developers (III-IV)
· Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Design, Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture and Application Integration Design Patterns
· Advanced expertise in Java (including Java 8 with knowledge of Java 9)
· Expertise in multiple technologies and domains
· Expertise in JSON, RESTful services, and similar related technologies
· Agile, or Iterative software development and delivery experience required
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively. Create and deliver presentations articulating vision, findings, and approach to all stakeholders
· Ability to influence organizationally without authority and lead and organize initiatives that cross team, function, and product boundaries
· Creates external value through patents, white papers, or speaking at conferences
· Creates brand and company equity
· Ideal candidate is results oriented, innovative, self-motivated, possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to multi-task successfully and manage multiple responsibilities
· Willingness to learn, while also offering own insight, suggestions and feedback
· Experience with AWS, SaaS applications, and other modern cloud-based tools is a plus
• Master’s Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or Software Engineering with seven or more (7+) years of relevant experience or alternatively a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or Software Engineering with nine or more (9+) years of relevant experience.
• In lieu of bachelor’s or technical degree, we will accept 2 additional years of software engineering experience
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.