Are you a Scrum Master or Release Train Engineer (RTE)? Have you worked with Agile across multiple teams or perhaps the SAFe framework? We’re seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented expert communicator to join our team as an Agile Engineering Project Manager, where you’ll be responsible for enforcing the Agile methodology and guiding the team towards best practices. In this role, you’ll manage programs from their inception until they go to market, defining scope, communicating status updates and reacting to changes. We’re looking for someone who’s process-smart—someone who sees process as a flow, versus a series of tasks. If you want to work for a rapidly-growing, cutting-edge technology company and help us deliver programs in a scaled Agile environment, let’s talk!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies: passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation, then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s routinely voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Work with Product Management, Business Analysts and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment.
• Champion Agile principles and ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
• Educate employees at all levels, including senior, on Agile principles, providing them with tools for implementing the process in their own work that lead toward the organization-wide adoption of Agile
• Guide teams to further adopt the Agile methodology, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, fostering organizational growth and answering questions. Provide hands-on support to all employees, collaborating with people across widely varying levels and roles, leading teams toward further understanding and adoption of Agile as well as overall company growth and improvement. Implement Agile processes, principles and practices across all levels and departments in an organization. Use techniques that increase collaboration, predictability, transparency and promote a culture of experimentation and innovation.
• Define project scope and schedule for assigned projects while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value through the implementation and maintenance of project plans and status updates
• Organize and lead project status and working meetings as well as prepare and distribute progress reports
• Manage project risks, dependencies and issues: escalate and track impediments; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects. Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks and communicate critical issues and potential solutions in a timely manner
• Define and agree measurable metrics to ensure impact of Agile methodologies in team output and velocity with key stakeholders
• Identify a systematic way to track and report on agreed metrics in a repeatable manner in a way that holds teams and stakeholders accountable
• Facilitate/Lead the improvement of existing tools and processes to help Product Management, Agile Teams, and DevOps manage and deploy releases into production
• Review and drive improvements in iCIMS’ existing SDLC and Software Releases processes
• Influence and communicate cross functionally with all levels of management leveraging exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
• Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
• Attend Feature and Sprint Demos.
• Administer, configure and maintain JIRA to ensure that the tool facilitates our processes and produces metrics.
• Coordinate with internal IT departments and key business stakeholders
• Work with 3rd party vendors as necessary to ensure deliverables relevant to projects
• Guide and focus Agile Teams on prioritizing tasks, minimizing waste, and managing continually changing requirements
• Be highly committed to project deliverables for strategic initiatives and tactical projects
• Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• Mentors Agile Engineering Program Managers (Level I-III)
• Stay abreast of external best practices and trends (through conferences and other thought leadership materials) and recommend/implement iCIMS adoption where applicable.
• Advanced knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
• Minimum 8 years in working with a Software Development project.
• Minimum 8 years in working with an Agile Development team.
• Balanced business/technical background:
• Strong understanding of software development life cycle models
• Advanced level of technical background to provide guidance to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Ability to provide guidance to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
• Prior experience performing administration, configuration and support of JIRA and other tools.
• Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
• Agile Project Management tools such as JIRA, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
• Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met demonstrating a solid understanding of the project management life cycle
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree, or relevant experience
• Scrum Master certification (required)
• Agile or Scrum Coach certification (preferred)
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.