Do you have knowledge of change management? Have you facilitated the adoption of new applications that improve efficiency and effectiveness within an organization? We’re looking for a proven project manager with stellar communication skills to join our Infrastructure Shared Services team as a Systems Change Manager, where you’ll develop the change strategy and plan for the implementation, communication, training and user adoption of new software applications within the organization. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Business Relationship Manager assigned to your platform, and will coordinate efforts with the vendor and internal stakeholders. To succeed, you’ll need to provide expertise and strategic advice on best practices and leverage change management principles to ensure project success. If you’re an expert influencer and problem-solver with experience managing complex technology deployments, this could be a perfect fit!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies: passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation, then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s routinely voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Facilitates stakeholder engagement activities to develop as-is, to-be and readiness assessments for each project.
• Engage and manage stakeholders for successful business transformation.
• Engage with organizational stakeholders to assess gaps in people, processes and technologies to ensure a complete and cohesive change strategy for each project.
• Develop the change strategy and plan for the implementation, communication, training and user adoption of new software applications
• Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers for all systems projects: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
• Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met
• Maintain required project documentation, develop charters and communication plans
• Serve as a liaison between business areas and technical teams
• Coordinate efforts with the vendor and internal stakeholders as applicable
• Evaluate and ensure user readiness across all impacted groups
• Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress; track and report issues
• Partner with the Talent Development team to develop training and garner stakeholder buy-in and successful adoption.
• Manage the expectations of the customer with regard to solution functionality and deployment process
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS core competencies
• At least 8 years’ progressive project management experience
• Change Management practitioner certification, PMP
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of change management and adoption related to deployment of new IT systems
• Ability to navigate a complex work environment to collaborate with business users, project sponsors, client senior leadership, technology partners, other contractors and supporting teams.
• Strong working knowledge of MS products, especially Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point & MS Project
• Experience managing complex technology deployments.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the all levels of the organization.
• Strong influencing skills with the ability to ensure processes are followed and stakeholders are engaged in issues that may not be their priority
• Demonstrated ability to create a collaborative environment and work through conflict to find appropriate solutions to key issues
• Demonstrated expertise and experience in developing presentations and collateral materials to support the initiatives
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
• Problem solving and root cause identification skills
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
Bachelors’ degree in business, psychology, organizational development or similar.
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.