Are you a strong coder who’s well versed in Java, as well as JMeter, New Relic or QRebel? Do you excel at teaching others? We’re looking for an outgoing expert relationship builder with a developer mindset to join our team as a Performance Engineer I, where you’ll train our developers to become performance experts. In this role, you’ll help analyze, debug and solve production performance issues as well as help train your teammates on various aspects of performance testing, including using load testing tools to measure and detect response time, throughput and find potential bottlenecks. You’ll build and maintain our testing frameworks to benchmark application performance across all layers of the application stack, and will use homegrown and commercial profiling tools to measure CPU timings and find memory leaks within code.
If you enjoy hands-on development, learning new technologies and want to grow in a career in performance engineering, let’s chat!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies: passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation, then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s routinely voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 4,000 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us—apply today!
• Minimum of 1 years of strong software engineering experience (Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, etc. preferably in a high-transaction SaaS environment)
• Good-to-great understanding of memory and CPU utilization, throughput, latency, etc.
• Experience with profiling and heap analysis tools
• Good understanding of Linux, Solaris, Wintel JVMs with strong ability to learn on the job
• Experience with databases including MS SQL Server and MySQL
• Knowledge of performance tools like JProfiler, QRebel, etc. along with familiarity with web load-simulation tools desired
• Self-motivated, able to learn and research issues independently with a keen eye to details
• Must be passionate about wanting to make the software performance better i.e. “wont-quit-till-I-figure-out-the-root-cause mentality”
• Good analytical and problem solving skills combined with technical writing and communication skills
• Familiarity with Agile/SCRUM SDLC strongly preferred
• BA/BS in technology or related fields, or relevant experience
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.