Do you have a background in Software as a service (SaaS) or Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)? Are you knowledgeable in AWS? We’re looking for a seasoned career coach with a solid technical background and experience in application/database environments to join our team as Manager, Host Engineering, where you’ll work with infrastructure architects, developers and other product owners to help maintain and increase product availability and stability. As a Manager, Host Engineering, you’ll document policies and procedures, establish KPIs and metrics, and provide technical guidance and leadership to your team, ensuring they’re adhering to strategies and objectives and carrying out what needs to get done. To succeed, you’ll need to be an effective communicator, capable of making recommendations to senior leadership. If you’re an ambitious team-player who wants to work on cutting-edge technology and have a deep partnership with AWS, you’ve come to the right place!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies—passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation—then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports more than 3,500 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
People Management Responsibilities
• Partners with Talent team on the acquisition and retention of people resources to fulfill team mission successfully; owns the selection process
• Ensures a fun, dynamic work environment & build merit-based culture which appeals to the top talent in the field
• Drives a highly engaged, high performance work environment through objective setting and performance management processes
• Leads and coaches the team structuring appropriate training and development and eliminating road blocks to team performance
• Lead and Coach the efforts of multi-disciplined personnel team consisting of roles such as System Engineers, Network Engineers, and Database Administrators who support the infrastructure for Customer and Labs environments
• Maintain a positive work environment; providing feedback, training, professional growth planning to members of Hosting Engineering team.
• Provide technical direction and leadership while designing, implementing, and support of new/existing infrastructure using best in class technologies.
Process and Metrics:
• Establishes Annual team objectives in alignment with overall departmental objectives.
• Ensure Team Execution in line with Departmental Strategy and annual objectives.
• Create, update, revise departmental SOPS with Director level approval
• Ensure adherence to established processes and SLA’s by team
• Communicate & resolve on gaps/issues within team/department
• Create & manage escalation procedures and ensures service & productivity levels are maintained by the department
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• Maintain relevant controls and feedback systems or processes to monitor performance of the team
• Possess a high level of strategic initiative as well as hands on tactical efforts to enhance and support an ever-evolving SaaS/PaaS infrastructure
• Work collaboratively with
• Infrastructure Architects and Product Owners to increase service availability for the support of new and existing products and services
• Cloud Operations Team Manager to distill and operationalize requirements for successful monitoring of technologies and services
• Peers in other departments to support their strategies and objectives, such as Labs Engineering Teams and Customer Success
• Identify opportunities and engineer forward to increase service availability using new technology, self-healing infrastructures, and process
• Support, investigate all degradations of service and provide recommendation/remediations
• Define and Kaizen repeatable framework for the implementation and support of new technologies
• Ensure the delivery of documentation and artifacts that documents infrastructure and processes that includes but not limited to; Reference Architecture Libraries, Implementation Reference Libraries, Operational Processes, Service Delivery Catalog, and Implementation project plans.
• Define, communicate and oversee and execute team goals & strategies as set by the Director of Cloud Hosting and Engineering
• Ensure KPI’s are met on Team and Individual basis and reported on.
• Monitor and report project status and milestone achievements for all phases of a project on a regular basis and implement remedial actions as appropriate
• Prepare monthly communications and program reviews on Teams progress and accomplishments
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required d
CIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law