Do you have experience with Lucene-based enterprise search platforms? Are you fluent in SQL, Postgres, and DynamoDB? We’re looking for an expert influencer and confident communicator to join our team as a Database Architect, where you’ll identify areas where we can make improvements to our flagship product to enhance performance. In this role, you’ll own the database and data layer roadmap, partnering with product managers and our Chief Architect to influence technology decisions, define standards, and ensure we have the right tools in place to deliver on the long-term strategy. You’ll evaluate existing products and applications to build a backlog of tactical improvements that forms the path to long term objectives, and provide guidance, governance and training to help agile teams execute on the vision. To succeed, you’ll need to win the trust of your peers and be capable of holding (and articulating) a position when challenged by senior leadership. If you have superior executive presence and are seeking a high visibility, high impact role, then you’ve come to the right place!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies—passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation, then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports more than 3,500 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
• Strategically design, develop, and implement databases for enterprise-level applications and systems
• Provide input and/or recommendations on long-term strategic goals for database architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients, and other key stakeholders
• Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall database management roadmap
• Provide insight and guidance on database technology selection
• Support, train and enable development teams by defining standards, coding utilities, responding to developer questions, and resolving problems
• Evaluate and select all infrastructure components such as software, hardware, database management systems, and networking
• Ensure data models and implementation adhere to best practice security guidelines
• Design high-availability, horizontally scalable, anti-fragile data stores
• Develop database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
• Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures
• Conduct research and make recommendations on big data/data analysis products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
• Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• Minimum of 7 years of experience designing and developing enterprise scale database systems
• Prior experience with database platforms, including MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL products
• Prior experience with Lucene based enterprise search platforms
• Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
• Expert level of competency in SQL development and related disciplines
• Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills
• Strong understanding of relational and non-relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices Working technical architecture knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including ETL, BI, SQL, data warehousing, data marts, and business intelligence
• Strong ability to multitask and effectively manage multiple competing priorities
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complex ideas
• Experience with database processing flowcharting techniques
• Experience with and demonstrated achievement in Strategic Planning
• Prior SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), or distributed web applications experience would be a plus
• Prior experience with Big Data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark) would be a plus
• Demonstrated experience taking the lead for high performing teams with a proven track record of mentoring/coaching other database architects and/or developers
• Ability to foster respect and influence without authority
• An innovative team player with an ability to interact at all levels at all levels of the organization internally and externally
• Experience with cloud technologies a plus
• Full life-cycle database experience including design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance
• Ability to analyze issues logically and methodically and have strong attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and proactive approach with an, ability to work under pressure with tight deadline
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.