Do you have a background in data science? Have you managed a team of software developers? We’re seeking a proven leader and career pathing champion to join our team as a Manager, Software Development (iNSIGHTS), where you’ll oversee a team responsible for infusing data science and analytics into our product. As a Manager, Software Development, you’ll ensure the team remains focused on delivery, identifying risks and removing roadblocks, while communicating up and across the organization regarding progress against the delivery plan. You’ll also provide ample mentorship, helping the team set priorities and ensuring they understand and follow Agile practices. This is a unique opportunity to help us deliver actionable insights to our customers that will empower them do their jobs more effectively. If you’re eager to take ownership and help us grow an impactful program, this could be the perfect job for you.
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies—passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation—then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 3,500 organizations around the globe. We are growing fast, which creates a lot of opportunities for career growth within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
People Management Responsibilities
• Partners with Talent team on the acquisition and retention of people resources to fulfill team mission successfully; owns the selection process
• Ensures a fun, dynamic work environment & build merit-based culture which appeals to the top talent in the field
• Drives a highly engaged, high performance work environment through objective setting and performance management processes
• Leads and coaches the team structuring appropriate training and development and eliminating road blocks to team performance
Process and Metrics:
• Establishes Annual team objectives in alignment with overall departmental objectives.
• Ensure Team Execution in line with Departmental Strategy and annual objectives.
• Create, update, revise departmental SOPS with Director level approval
• Ensure adherence to established processes and SLA’s by team
• Communicate & resolve on gaps/issues within team/department
• Create & manage escalation procedures and ensures service & productivity levels are maintained by the department
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• Maintain relevant controls and feedback systems or processes to monitor performance of the team
• Maintains a customer-focused approach by keeping existing customers happy to drive high renewal rates
• Facilitates increased sales by delivering a competitive product and adding functionality desired by prospects
• May act as the “delivery owner” for critical projects or programs on behalf of the agile team
• Extends product capabilities to support Employee Management
• Minimum of 10 years of Statistics/Data science/Analytics/Business Intelligence experience or software development focused on data products
• Minimum of 4 years in a Technology/Data Science Management role
• Expertise in Data Science/Big Data/Analytics best practices, methods and tools such as (R, Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc)
• Expertise in building customer-facing data-driven, analytics products
• Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
• Ability to work independently and be proactive in a high-performance environment.
• Possess a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively orally and in writing across multiple stakeholder groups both internally and externally
• Prior experience working within a Global SaaS (Software as a Service) company highly desired.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities
• Strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior Customer Experience
• Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth
• Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, trust and partnerships at all levels of an organization.
• Computer literate; proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.