Do you have experience in software product development? Are you familiar with Agile methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)? We’re seeking a driven, articulate problem-solver to join our team as a Business Analyst I (BA), where you’ll be assigned items from our product road map and asked to create requirements/user stories and acceptance criteria by eliciting feedback from internal and external stakeholders. As a BA, you’ll work closely with our architecture, development, and testing teams to ensure their user stories and acceptance criteria are clearly defined, and collaborate with customers to demo new features, synthesize feedback and report it back to the teams. We’re looking for someone who has a solid understanding of product ownership and can present to senior leadership with confidence. If you’re a results-oriented self-starter with a customer service mindset, then we’d love to bring you on board! Business Analyst I will report to the Director, Engineering.
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies—passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation—then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider, delivering technology that supports approximately 3,500 organizations around the globe. We are growing fast, which creates a lot of opportunities for career growth within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
• Works with the Director of Program Management to:
Understand vision, direction and priority of the Product Backlog as it relates to their teams modules
Define the Product Backlog of their teams modules during release planning
• Attends all required Scrum meetings (Sprint Planning, Product Backlog Grooming, Sprint Review)
• Facilitates requirements modelling sessions
• Creates mock-ups or wireframes to express functional requirements
• Clearly communicates requirements through epics and user stories so they are understood
• Holds team accountable to their commitments for developing features during sprint cycles
• Triages team support tickets within company Service Level Agreement and making the determination as to what will be addressed by team and in what timeframe.
• Develops a deep understanding of the customer’s needs through direct and indirect contact
• Is the “go-to” person for information software module’s assigned
• Educates stakeholders in the development process
• Removes barriers between the team and stakeholders
• Provides consistent feedback regarding the prioritization of enhancements based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority.
• Documents the user perceivable changes of the features their teams worked on so the documentation team can successfully create supporting materials
• Make recommendations regarding accepting or rejecting their agile teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
• Provide the team clear information on iCIMS customers and potential customers including how they use the product, why they use the product, who uses it and when they use it.
• Establish open lines of communication with internal and external customers in order to bridge the relationship between iCIMS product development and iCIMS customers.
• Facilitating knowledge transfer within the team alongside encourage and coaching a culture of knowledge sharing.
• Participates in User Acceptance Testing to ensure functionality requested is delivered as expected
• Works closely with the testing team to ensure test cases trace back to requirements and software design.
• Regularly keeps abreast of industry news and competitive offerings
• Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• Experience in software Product Development
• Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities.
• A strong understanding of software Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
• Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
• Computer literate; proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively
• Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth
• A self-starter with the demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Strong results orientation
• Demonstrated customer service orientation
• BA/BS in a business, computer science, information technology related field or related experience.
• BI/SQL knowledge or certification preferred
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.