Have you led large-scale R&D projects with enterprise level customers? Are you experienced in agile or scaled agile frameworks (SAFE)? We’re seeking a true change agent and technology leader to join our team as a Director, Engineering Excellence, where you’ll bring the entire tech organization together from a best practices, quality-first perspective. In this role, you’ll drive the creation of centers of engineering excellence within our organization, building alignment across several different programs serving various personas and markets. You’ll be responsible for defining standards, creating enablement, and performing overall governance to ensure solutions are being properly implemented, and will serve as the go/no gatekeeper prior to release. We’re looking for someone with personal coding experience who has managed teams of developers—someone who can lead through inspiration, and who can leverage his/her existing knowledge to understand problems, offer big picture advise, and challenge people’s thinking. If you’re a doer with real delivery chops, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies – passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation– then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider – delivering technology that supports more than 3,500 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
• Collaborate with VP to establish vision, planning & prioritization for Labs Engineering aligned to overall Technology department goals
• Collaborate with executives across the business to build buy-in and engagement around the established direction and Engineering Excellence
• Provide leadership to ensure that envisaged objectives are met while also ensuring that there is the requisite sponsorship, alignment and support of all stakeholders connected with the organization
• Maintain a high-performance team and work environment enabling operational objectives and acquisition/retention of people resources to fulfill team mission successfully
• Lead and mentor others with the goal of improving their professional expertise to better serve business initiatives
• Manage team members’ performance including formal reviews, establishing departmental and individual objectives and performing applicable assessments
• Work effectively as a team member with other members of management
• Ensure appropriate resource allocation to deliver expected deliverables
• Ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies.
• Drive excellence in Engineering process and delivery
• Establish and ensure consistency of execution and establish governance across functional areas
• Continue transformation of Test Engineering organization from testing at end of cycle to building quality of test into the development cycle
• Establish a Development CoE
• Optimize Agile Program Management and Release Management delivery across the company
• Deliver high quality, highly available, reliable, scalable, & secure software
• Partner across functional areas within the Labs department to optimize Agile team performance and delivery against milestones for release against the product roadmap
• Maintain a customer-focused approach by keeping existing customers happy to drive high renewal rates
• Manage the quality, consistency, accuracy, completeness, and testing of related processes and documentation.
• Monitor programs, procedures and metrics to ensure on-time delivery and overall customer satisfaction
• Ensure process documents are complete, current, communicated and stored appropriately
• Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department including reporting on performance metrics and results to the Executive Team
• Understand industry best practices and apply to and processes, presenting recommendations as necessary for the company to remain compliant and competitive
• Implement/maintain tools to provide monitoring and management of all Engineering initiatives
• Be a change agent: drive adoption of best in class test tools, frameworks and methodologies
• Establish and maintain a budget staying within spending parameters
• Measure departmental performance by implementing and refining metrics, and reporting to stakeholders as appropriate
• Provide effective status updates and dashboards regarding the delivery of the roadmap
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and takes initiative
• Maintains flexibility and reacts to change appropriately
• Receives and takes action on feedback and lessons learned for continual professional improvement and development
• Takes measures to enhance body of knowledge and skill set through training
• Other duties as assigned
• 10 years of related experience with a similar scope & responsibility with a track record of success in a highly metrics-driven organization
• Five plus years of experience in leading people managers.
• Experience leading across multiple functions (test, development, etc.)
• Experience with all aspects of Engineering Excellence (Security, Performance, Accessibility, Localization, Design) is a plus
• Strong customer commitment and demonstrated experience establishing a “Customer Experience” culture in support of all the business functions of a fast-paced company;
• Ability to collaborate across departments and influence senior leaders where appropriate;
• Experience guiding high performing teams with demonstrated ability to evaluate and develop talent
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), with the proven ability to effectively translate complex ideas and tailor key messages to multiple audiences.
• Ability to drive and manage systems/process change agenda as required.
• Experience working within a SaaS environment preferred
• Strong results orientation with a proven track record of flawless execution and strong attention to detail
• BA/BS or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering preferred, or related field
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.