Do you specialize in global privacy law? We are seeking someone with a strong privacy background (either law firm or in-house) to join our team as a Corporate Privacy and Regulatory Counsel, where you’ll assist in driving the privacy and other regulatory affairs of the company. We’re looking for someone with a thorough understanding of and experience working with key data security, privacy, information security, communications, advertising, and marketing laws—including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), EU Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC), CAN-SPAM Act, EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive, and Trojan Advertising Act—who will help us implement our compliance strategy and evolve it along with our business. As Corporate Privacy and Regulatory Counsel, you’ll serve as an invaluable resource to both business leaders and the rest of our legal department, educating, and partnering with them to build out those policies and procedures which will help us remain compliant. You’ll need to be committed to learning, staying on top of new laws and regulations, and determining their applicability to iCIMS. Interested? Let’s talk!
iCIMS extends a work culture unlike any other East Coast-based technology provider. We focus on hiring candidates who display our seven core competencies—passion, drive, transparency, adaptability, empathy, kaizen, and customer commitment. If you eat, sleep, and breathe our competencies and desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation—then you’re just what we’re looking for!
iCIMS is a high-growth Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that’s voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey. We are the industry's premier recruitment software provider – delivering technology that supports more than 3,500 contracted customers around the globe. Committed to both growth and stability, we have a lot of opportunities for career advancement within our organization. Come grow with us. Apply today!
The role will focus on the following key areas:
• Understand, interpret, and apply current domestic and global privacy laws and regulations, and other laws and regulations, applicable to iCIMS' business and long-term plans.
• Work closely with the different areas of the business to provide strategic and proactive legal advice on regulatory matters, strategies, and product designs.
• Collaborate with legal department colleagues and the business on various legal and regulatory issues, with an emphasis on privacy, information security, and other regulatory compliance.
• Assist in implementing updates to policies and processes for the business to address legal and regulatory requirements, including domestic and global privacy, bribery, and marketing and communications.
• Assist in driving compliance through drafting, reviewing, updating, and helping to audit and enforce internal policies and procedures, as well as, conducting various compliance training workshops.
• Assist in conducting annual privacy and regulatory compliance risk management assessment and driving compliance related corrective action and remediation plans.
• Assist with litigation matters, as necessary.
• Mentor other team members
• Conduct research on a variety of legal issues and act as an expert on several key areas
• Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS policies, procedures, and core competencies
• A minimum of 5 years of legal experience at a law firm or government regulatory agency or in an in-house role. 7+ years of related experience is preferred.
• Experience with US and foreign privacy laws required. Specific desired experience includes such privacy laws as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, the European Union Data Protection Directive, General Data Protection Regulation, Massachusetts Standards (201 C.M.R. 17), California Online Privacy Protection Act. Familiarity with US and foreign employment and marketing laws also would be beneficial.
• Experience in researching and analyzing state, federal, and foreign laws and regulations.
• Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative member of the team
• Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior Customer Experience.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with the Management and Executive Team, and company employees.
• Ability to mentor peers in areas of expertise
• Demonstrated success in displaying passion, drive, adaptability and innovation.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Proficient in the MS Office Suite
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, growing organization.
• Strong track record of success in building solid working relationships within various areas/business functions of the company.
• Bachelor's Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
• Member in good standing with any state bar in the United States (and willing to become a member of the New Jersey bar)
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.